Project CoordinatorResponsible for performing administrative and other office support activities for multiple people within the Project Management Team in order to ensure day-to-day project-related functions flow smoothly.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate Production Schedule requirements with Project Manager in order to set project priorities and determine workflow scheduling.
- Communicate with other departments on a regular basis to keep production workload in the shop as level as possible according to customer delivery schedules.
- Work with other management team members, including Estimating, Purchasing and Production, to continually improve the communication process involved in project hand-offs from receipt of the project through the production process.
- Prepare various correspondence and other department reports and documents as requested; creates and maintains database and spreadsheet files, charts, graphs, procedures, etc.
- Develop and update filing systems within the Project Management department. Organize, standardize, and maintain hard copy and electronic files; retrieve information from files when needed.
- Assist Project Manager in Shop Pak/Project Pak job setup tasks, and subcontractors/suppliers list change management, etc. Prepare new job binders.
- Scan and organize plans and drawings.
- Process change orders daily, weekly, or as required. Assist with change order follow up and entry as needed in the accounting system.
- Process and log job project documentation, including transmittals and submittals. Assist in gathering information for submittal drawings and provide transmittals as needed.
- Submit finish and/or material samples as needed. Follow up to make sure information is received and communicated to all parties appropriately.
- Assist Project Manager with monitoring project schedules to be familiar with flow of projects.
- Assist in project closeout process and documentation; archive files as required. Prepare and submit close-out documentation as required per contract terms as requested by Project Manager.
- Participate in meetings when needed to record meeting minutes and ensure appropriate follow-through on action items, etc.
- Keep and maintain a task list with the Project Team for work that is outstanding and develop a time schedule and priority list for work to be completed.
- Assist Project Team in preparing transmittals, submittals, and release checklists to vendors.
- Assist Project Team in project setup and filing as required.
COORDINATION OF THE PRE-PRODUCTION PROCESS, TO INCLUDE:
- Requesting material and finishing samples as required on the project.
- Researching all requests that involve changes to the original scope of work to determine whether a change request is required and review all with Project Manager.
- Ensuring that approvals and field measurements are received in a timely manner so that drawings can be updated and released for production per scheduling deadlines.
- Preparing and submitting close-out documentation as required per contract terms as requested by Project Manager.
- Assist Project Manager to submit monthly payment applications with project required paperwork. Keep accurate billing log and projections.
- Gather material information as needed for Purchasing and requesting material and finishing samples as required on the project.
- Research all requests that involve changes to the original scope of work to determine whether a change request is required and review all with Project Manager and estimator.
- Help procure finish and hardware samples.
- Update contract documents as needed.
- Coordinate small item shipments and mailings (UPS/FedEx, etc).
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in company training programs and attends authorized external conferences or seminars as required to keep current in company and industry standards and operating procedures.
- Perform any special assignments or additional projects as requested by management.
- Coordinate field measuring schedule with jobsite (and at jobsite) depending on the job status.
WORK RELATIONSHIPS AND SCOPE:
Interacts as an essential part of the JAI team to increase efficiency and profit through accountability (internal and external); taking ownership; good communication; quality; flexibility; customer focus (internal and external); and building positive relationships.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum of an associate’s degree in business or related administrative field, and/or preferably at least two years experience in a construction or wood manufacturing related environment.
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project). Must also possess the ability to effectively learn new computer programs/software.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively; work effectively and efficiently under pressure and time deadlines; analyze problems (not just symptoms); propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry-out decisions made, and follow up with feedback where appropriate.
- Must be self-motivated and independent, able to work effectively with minimum supervision, and multi-task between administrative, operational and customer contact activities.
- Must be achievement-driven and possess the initiative to proactively approach problem solving. Possess the ability to work diplomatically under stressful conditions and pressure.
- Working knowledge of the basic materials used in the construction and/or wood manufacturing industry.
- Ability to understand and interpret architectural blueprints/drawings and specifications.
Contact for more info and to apply.